Monday 1 August 2011

Threadlessly

I'm in a mopey mood today. I'm tired because I started a new job and moved house all in the same week. On Friday I went and got bosco absoluto, which is rather a silly thing to do when you have to move the other half of your belongings and clean your old flat the next day. FAIL. So today I am mostly feeling sorry for myself and wanting to mooch about wearing comfy clothes, eating naughty things, such as the cold pizza I bought last night and probably a large quantity of chocolate. Ooh, I could really go for a scotch egg, thinking about it.

The humble t-shirt is an integral part of any mooch-situation. Sometimes I like to kick it GAP style in a plain white t-shirt (whilst not wearing any actual GAP branded items because everything I have ever tried on in GAP looks boxy and squat and they can DO ONE if they think I'm going to buy into that look). Other times, I like to wear something that is a little bit more interesting. Threadless is handy for this kind of clothing dilemma.

The good thing about Threadless is that the designs can be applied to girls t-shirts and boys t-shirts and hoodies for either gender too. I think there's even the option to buy designs for younglings, but I've never investigated that option in any depth because I don't have a boyfriend, never mind offspring. The t-shirts are always really nice quality too. Another awesome thing about Threadless is that anybody can submit a design and if enough people like it, they will print it! I think you get a $1000 dollar prize if your design wins. Get your pencils out.

To go with my morbid mood, my first selection is Zombie at Tiffany's, which costs $20 (£12.18, thank you Expedia).


My housemate Helen thinks this is hideous, mainly because she loves the Breakfast At Tiffany's poster so much she has a copy of it up in our kitchen. I think it's hilarious. But then, I am sometimes one sick little puppy.

Speaking of puppies, Satan's Little Helper also costs $20 and features a fun pun and a picture of a doggrell, which I like muchly.


On the cute theme, there's also this Cookie Loves Milk tee by Jess Fink for $18. It comes in purrrrty colours too.


Love this Useful Facts tee ($15) too. Sometimes, knowing some good Facts can really come in handy. I make it my business to know random Facts. Such as, your hair doesn't really continue to grow after you die, your skin shrinks which makes it seem longer. Gross right? Also, white chocolate isn't technically chocolate at all, because it contains no cocoa solids, just a little cocoa butter. If you have nothing to contribute to a conversation an interesting Fact can be a real ice breaker. And when you're hungover, this could be essential.


I originally wrote this post for About Your Dress Blog, you can still find it amongst heaps of other posts by me and two other talented ladies there if you'd like to go and have a peek.

0 comments:

Post a Comment