Wednesday 4 January 2012

A feather for each wind that blows

I used to make jewellery, but I haven't made anything in years, since I got interested in photography. I do love looking at handmade jewellery though. Some of the time I look to see what kind of designs people are creating and to see if I think I could make the item quite as prettily. Other times it's for presents. If a design is really unique or beautiful, I love to make a gift out of it. When I give a lovely handmade gift I've sourced, I get a smug feeling, as if I've discovered treasure; plus it brings me a little added happiness that I've helped to support an artist.

Dear Oh Deer's designs, available on Etsy, are just such delicate treasures. I adore her range of feathery earrings, simple chains adorned with bewitching semi-precious stones and pretty pen and ink drawings. It's like she's been on a ramble in the countryside, collecting natural treasures and carefully taking them home to create something ethereal.

These red pheasant earthy feather earrings cost £15, plus £2 p&p. The red beads lift the natural brown colours in the feathers to make them bright and interesting, they remind me of little hawthorn berries. They'd look so pretty on ears framed by tumbling locks. It almost makes me wish I hadn't cut all my hair off two years ago...


The Valley in Autumn, creamstone bead necklace is quite simply gorgeous. I love fine gold chains, and this would look so dainty; if paired with a plain coloured t-shirt it would really dress up a casual look, it only costs £10, plus £2 p&p.


Finally I'm going to show you one of those pretty little inkings I was telling you about. Dianne has three owl pen and ink prints available.  I rather like this barn owl print.


I'm thinking that she must be selling them off once and for all, because the listing states that they cost but £3, reduced from £8. These A5 prints would make a perfect present for an owl fan; I know a certain person in particular who may well enjoy one, do you?

2 comments:

dianne tanner dot co dot uk said...

Hello you, what a lovely surprise! Thank you so much for your lovely words... I think I love you! xxx

Unknown said...

Only too happy to write them, keep making pretties please! x

Post a Comment