Monday 15 August 2011

Bitchin' stitchin'

There's something deliciously comforting about padding around the house in your slippers. Not only do they do a grand job of keeping your tootsies warm (ideal in the UK, when we're often experiencing weather that can be described at best as 'miserable'), but also, doesn't it just make you smile to look down at your own feet under the table and see something sweet covering them up? To see your little toasty toes peeking out of the blankie as you're watching a film? Having lovely slippers is one of those simple pleasures that makes a lot of difference, on par with, for example, having a thoughtful boyfriend who makes you a cup of tea, just the way you like it, every morning (still haven't got me one of those, but I live in hope).

Some people like pink fluffy slippers. Some people like those ones that don't have any heels so they can slip in and out of them at a moments notice. Some people like slippers that are shaped like monsters, or cartoon characters, or bunny rabbits. For some people, they HAVE to be pink, or have a big bow on them, or sparklies. My housemate's slippers are stripey and the same shape as Ugg boots. Slippers are personal like that.

I rather like these Turkish home slippers from Smiling Knitting on Etsy:


These purple heart on grey slippers cost £18.85 (plus £4.41 postage). They also come in cherry red, navy blue and super cute candy pink:


Then there are the pistachio green slippers with pretty cherries on them, which only cost £16.96.


And those of you who have read any of my previous Nomday posts will know about my serious love for all things nautical, so you won't be surprised by my inclusion of these navy blue and white sailor slippers, which cost £18.85:


Don't you think that with those pretty slots in the side, they look sort of like those jelly sandals you used to play in the sea in as a child? I think they're very cleverly crocheted. I certainly couldn't crochet such a thing.

Now I just have to decide which pair are the most Nommie-ish, so that I can order a pair ready for the impending winter (YES, I know it's still August, but retailers are already thinking about Christmas so the approaching Autumn is in my thoughts).

You can order your precise size and wool colour if you so wish and lastly, at the moment, Smiling Knitting is jolly well generously offering 5% off all orders when you use the discount code 'smilingknitting5'; so really there's simply no excuse for having tatty old slippers any more.

 I originally wrote this post for About Your Dress Blog, you can still find it amongst heaps of other posts by me and two other talented ladies there if you'd like to go and have a peek.

0 comments:

Post a Comment