Monday 7 March 2011

Guns and 'taches

Tammy Wynette was so right when she sang 'Sometimes it's hard to be a woman'. It IS hard to be a woman, especially when you're giving all your love to just one man and he turns out to be a cheating rotter who really just deserves a swift kick to the plums. Hey, it's not that I'm a man hater, I sure do love men, especially ones with deep gravelly voices and a nice, shiny moustache like Tom Selleck - and by the way, have you guys been watching Blue Bloods? Tom Selleck is a major fox. I don't know what this means for me, because he is like, an OLD man now, but is he not the personification of manliness? Little boy Bieber can do one, Tom Selleck's masculine presence would have me weak at the knees. I'm pretty sure if I met him I'd literally quiver in the face of his manly power. My voice would be all wobbly and I’d feel all light headed and totally embarrassing stuff like that.

Anyway, I can't remember what I was writing because I drifted off into some kind of Three Men and a Baby fantasy, except there is me, no baby and only one man, and that man is Tom Selleck, but it's true, being a woman can be hard. So, inevitably as we get older we toughen up a little bit. Not too much, I mean I’m never going to be a body builder or a lady ninja (although being a lady ninja would be really cool) but I’m no longer the fragile little nymph of my teenage years. And if you’re going to be a little bit tough, then you should probably give people an indication of that, just you know, a little heads up, don’t mess with me sunshine, because I’m like Pammy in Barb Wire to the power of TEN when I’m in a bit of a huff, and I will DESTROY YOU IF YOU MESS WITH ME SUCKAAAAAAA! Ahem.

So that my friends is where this cute little Gun Necklace by Love Your Silver from Not on the Highstreet for £55 comes into play. I love gun themed jewellery, but I find it's rather hard to find items which aren't vulgar and/or hideous. This is sweet and pretty, with a slightly aggressive edge to it. A smiling assassin for the jewellery box. It will almost certainly say, in a polite manner, look mate, I might well be pretty and girly, but I’m also totally fierce on the inside buster, and if you cross me, you’re gonna be so-rry.




N.B. 4 T.S. 
I.D.S.T.

0 comments:

Post a Comment