Monday 29 June 2009

the fun you can have with a scanner...

So for my last module, Studio Photography, we had to take a self portrait at the beginning using a single light source. Using a scanner is not by any means the most original idea in the world, but it fitted the criteria and managed to twist it just a little. I simply could not bring myself to take a cliche self portrait sat next to a candle or a window or a lamp. The thought made me feel a bit sick. So instead, my little sister and I played with the scanner all night, scanning our faces all squished up and adding in little bits which gave away a whisper of information about ourselves.







The magnetic poetry made perfect sense for me, because I love mixing words and pictures, as well as being interested in visual expression I'm also pretty obsessed with words and communication. It's a set of rude magnetic poetry, which my lovely housemates bought me at University. Thank you Clare, Stu, Sam, Paul, Dave and Helen! It's hilarious. It has the most ridiculous words and you can entertain yourself for hours with it. Simple things...



I also love anything piratey and sparklies too, hence the sequins. Magpie. And the dried flowers were a treasured bunch from a much-loved ex.

I love my sister. We play all the time. Look how cute she is....

0 comments:

Post a Comment